Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Handbook of Logic in Artificial Intelligence and Logic Programming: Volume 5: Logic Programming available in Hardcover
Logic is now widely recognized as one of the foundational disciplines of computing and has applications in virtually all aspects of the subject, from software engineering and hardware to programming languages and artificial intelligence. The Handbook of Logic in Artificial Intelligence and its companion The Handbook of Logic in Computer Science were created in response to the growing need for an in-depth survey of these applications. This handbook comprises five volumes, each an in-depth overview of one of the major topics in this area. The result of years of cooperative effort by internationally renowned researchers, it will be the standard reference work in AI for years to come. Volume 5 focuses on logic programming. The chapters, which in many cases are of monograph length and scope, emphasize possible unifying themes.
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Product dimensions:||9.30(w) x 6.40(h) x 2.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Logic and Logic Programming Languages
2. Equational Logic Programming
3. Proof Procedures for Logic Programming
4. The Role of Abduction in Logic Programming
5. Semantics for Disjunctive and Normal Disjunctive Logic Programs
6. Negation as Failure, Completion and Stratification
7. Meta-Programming in Logic Programming
8. Higher-Order Logic Programming
9. Constraint Logic Programming: A Survey
10. Transformation of Logic Programs