This handy field guide introduces over 55 different flowers commonly found in Asia. Each flower is clearly presented and described, with a detailed description of each bloom—including its history and gardening tips.
Features of Handy Pocket Guide to Tropical Flowers include:
- A convenient paperback format and eye-catching cover
- Descriptions and notes on over 55 flowers, including adenium, allamanda, angelis trumpet, balsam, banana, bat lily, bougainvillea, champak, crepe ginger, frangipani, heliconia, hibiscus, jasmine, lotus, orchid, poinsettia and water lily
- Listing of scientific and family names, as well as common names in Indonesian, Malay and Thai
- Over 120 beautiful color photographs
- A wealth of expert botanical information
About the Author
World-renowned photographer Luca Invernizzi Tettoni (1949-2013) lived in Asia for 40 years, specializing in photographing the cultures and landscapes of the region. He collaborated on numerous books on Asian subjects including Thai Style, Thai Garden Style, Singapore: City of Gardens and Tropical Colors: The Art of Living with Tropical Flowers.