Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Pack your bags and prepare to journey to the eeriest of destinations, where elegance, luxury and gracious hospitality co-exist uneasily with shadowy secrets and haunted history. Jo-Anne Christensen, author of several best-selling ghost story books, is your guide on this terrifying tour of some of the world's most haunted hotels, inns and resorts:
• The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel--where a mysterious image of a beautiful blonde appears in a mirror once hung in Marilyn Monroe's poolside suite
• The Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in Massachusetts--home to the spirits of Abby and Andrew Borden, both slain in one of America's most notorious unsolved mysteries
• The Bullock Hotel in Deadwood, South Dakota--where the ghost of the town's first sheriff has returned to maintain law and order
• The Hotel del Coronado in California--where a beautiful female phantom directed an investigation into her own death, nearly one century after the fact
• The Olde Angel Inn in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario--long haunted by ''Captain Swayze,'' the earthbound apparition of a British officer who died during the War of 1812
• The Bell Hotel in Thetford, England--where the ghost of a murdered innkeeper inhabits the Elizabethan painting that was her last image before death.
• Whether you're a ghost story buff or an adventure-seeking traveler, you are sure to find Haunted Hotels most accommodating.