1. Run the 5k-along the St. Croix River-to the water park.
2. Attend the archeological dig at the cliffs above the Minnesota River.
3. Compete in the milk carton boat races during the summer festival.
4. Take scuba lessons and go canoeing during the swim team camping trip.
5. Prevent my life from falling to pieces? What?
Meet Hayden Chandler, a fifteen-year-old high school student from the Twin Cities, whose only worry over summer vacation was to meet the boyfriend of her dreams. However, her divorced parents' ongoing battle stood in her way and blocked out the carefree relaxing days she'd expected. Instead, Hayden and her three younger siblings hid from their father: an alcoholic with homicidal tendencies and a penchant for trouble. They escaped his grasp by hiding out in the casino where their mother worked. This is their story.