The conclusion of the daily devotions on prayer for physical healing!
Sickness and miraculous healing are shrouded in mystery. Not many know how to pray for themselves or a loved one when they are sick. Not only that, most people don't feel confident that God is willing to help them when they pray.
After John W. Nichols (author of GOD is HERE) discovered his daughter had many symptoms of autism, he began reading the Bible with new eyes, trying to understand healing for today. Soon he felt impressed to fast for 7 weeks and pray through Scriptures about healing daily.
Healing is Here: A 49-Day Devotional Journey of Healing Through the Bible, compiles the author's notes and prayers during his fast. It has been organized to apply to anyone who wants to learn about healing at their own pace, with Scriptural support, suggested prayers, and journaling prompts. (There is no requirement to fast while going through this devotional)
John systematically teaches the mysteries he has unlocked over the course of four years of studying and applying Biblical Christian healing. He wrote this devotional with the hope of helping others who are in similar circumstances: those who desperately need healing, aren't sure how to pray, and are wondering if God is willing to help.
Week 7 covers verses that reveal:
- The importance of not agreeing with sickness
- How to start small and grow in ministry and spiritual gifts
- What anointing with oil has to do with healing
- How to have boldness in opposing the norm
- How we need to continuing to pursue representing Jesus even though we aren't perfect
- The part that doing what you couldn't do before has to do with healing
- How we must have patience when waiting for healing
Over the course of the full 49 days you will discover:
- What is God and Jesus's will regarding healing
- How Jesus fulfilled prophetic verses of healing
- How God's will is accomplished
- What we can learn from the remarkable similarity between salvation and healing
- What do covenants have to do with sickness and healing
- How to receive the same blessings God promised His people in the Bible
- How God disciplines and teaches us
- What faith has to do with healing
- What we can learn about God by looking at Jesus in the gospels
- How sin and righteousness affects healing
- What the Bible teaches us about evil spirits
- How Jesus showed us to fight the enemy, and how to be equipped for that fight
- How Satan attacks, and what we can do about it
- What Jesus told His disciples (and us) to do
- What is the right atmosphere for healing
- How to exercise and apply Jesus's name, authority, anointing, and blood
- How fear and doubt play into sickness and how to overcome them
- How to heal the soul (thoughts and emotions)
- What are the promises and benefits of God, and how to claim them
- How fasting affects healing
- Many surprising (and practical) elements of healing seen in the Bible which can be applied today
Don't forget to get the free resources linked within the book!
Related collections and offers
About the Author
He thought one day (when he was old) he might write a book for God. But God thought he should write something sooner, and told John in a prayer session on January 1st, 2016 to write his book. Since then John has written several drafts of books and completed GOD is HERE: Finding God in the Pain of a Broken World, it’s accompanying workbook, and the devotional you are reading now.
In other prayer sessions, God called John to preach His Word, seek His face, and go into the land He would show Him. He and his wife, Trinna, and three children, are following this call to show the love of Christ to the world. This was first exhibited teaching and leading worship in their local church, then by working with people with disabilities, then going to preach at the state prison, loving their neighborhood community, reaching out to women and children enslaved in human trafficking, and now making disciples of Jesus, who make disciples, who make disciples.
When John caught a glimpse of how God saw him, everything changed, and he has since sought to show others this good news. He’s recognized most people, Christian or not, feel unfulfilled and don’t know their life’s purpose. This has led John to help people find their calling and have a life of adventure with God. To be encouraged in the way God sees you, go to: GodAndYouAndMe.com