Foreword by Dr. Martin Rossman, MD.
Healing with the Seven Principles of Mindfulness: How to Thrive and Succeed in a Complex Cancer System guides you and your family through the difficult times of a cancer diagnosis. The Seven Principles of Mindfulness in Healing will help you and your loved ones to
- Get inspired to take charge of your medical treatment, be involved with and be truthfully informed by your doctors, oncologists, and surgeons.
- Investigate which alternative and complementary medical practices can benefit you and your situation.
- Discover the lifestyle changes you may want to make to better you healing chances.
- Learn how meditation practices can help you make responsible decisions for your care and feel confident that you made the right decision and much more.
- Rely on your family and friends to get things done for you that you can't do for yourself.
- Build a medical team of physicians and other practitioners that you can trust.
- Give back to your community when you are ready and able.
Here is what Dr. Kelly Turner, PhD has to say about Healing with the Seven Principles of Mindfulness:
"Dr. Freedman speaks from experience, both as a cancer survivor himself, and the father of a Radical Remission cancer survivor. His book, "Healing with 7 Principles of Mindfulness" gives readers a nurturing, helping hand throughout the entire cancer journey, especially with regard to developing a meditation practice."
-Kelly Turner, PhD, Author of the NYTimes Bestseller "Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds"
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.32(d)|
About the Author
Jerome currently teaches Mindfulness in Healing at the Pine Street Clinic in San Anselmo, California and writes daily on his blog, Meditation Practices. He is a contributing author of I Am With You: Love Letters to Cancer Patients, Nancy Novak, PhD, and Barbara K. Richardson.
Dr. Freedman served on Board of Directors of the Marin AIDS Project and the Advisory Council of the Institute for Health and Healing between 2007 and 2010. Now he is actively engaged in the Buddhist Climate Action Network, Plum Village Climate Response, the Order of Interbeing, Marin Sangha (with Phillip Moffitt), and the Shabbat Sangha near his home in Greenbrae, California.
Dr. Freedman holds a Ph. D. in computer science, along with two master's degrees in physics and a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. He still consults internationally on software engineering problems and expert witness cases.
He successfully interviewed Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson on cosmology and Buddhist thought in 2011.
He can be reached by for consultations, dharma talks, lectures, and days of mindfulness by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also by Dr. Freedman
Stop Cancer in its Tracks: Your Path to Mindfulness in Healing Yourself
Seven Steps to Stop Interruptions in Meditation: How to Concentrate and Focus on Your Meditation and Deal with Distractions
Cosmology and Buddhist Thought: A Conversation with Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Enneagram: Know Your Type! Awaken Your Potential!
Contributing author to I Am With You: Love Letters to Cancer Patients published February, 2015.
Guided Meditation Recordings
Anger Control Guided Meditation
Achieve Goals Guided Meditation
Sound Sleep Guided Meditation
Stress Relief Guided Meditation
Reduce Symptoms Guided Meditation
Weight Loss Guided Meditation