From bestselling author Fred Brock, the first ever hands-on guide to managing your family's health care costsand maximizing your coverage
With Retire on Less Than You Think and Live Well on Less Than You Think, Fred Brock gained a following with his focus on increasing wealth by decreasing expenses rather than by chasing investment fads. He now applies his uniquely pragmatic and achievable money-protection strategies to the most alarming financial issue today: the health care crisis in America.
Health costs are soaring, strangling job decisions, bankrupting families, and unsettling retirement plans. Workers with insurance at their jobs face constant cuts in coverage for an ever-steeper price tag, while forty-six million Americans lack insurance and have to fend for themselves. Medicare and prescription drug coverage are under strain. And with so much money at stake, it's no surprise that the financial industry is rooting for the new Health Savings Accounts: a boon for their profits, but a mixed bag for families.
Brock investigates the best options available, offering the first one-stop guide to maximizing health coverage while minimizing expensewith potential savings of hundreds or thousands of dollars each year. Worksheets and a handy resource list give readers the tools to customize their plan to their ages and needs.
Once again, Brock provides unrivaled, objective, and essential financial reporting and advice to safeguard the wallets of American families.
In Health Care on Less Than You Think:
Drawing on the experiences of regular Americans and his pragmatic, dollars-driven analysis, Fred Brock shows readers how to
• assess employer-based health plans and choose among the plans available to each family
• shop for the best coverage at the least cost if a job does not provide insurance
• compares insurance costs, eligibility, and benefits in different states
• decipher the new Health Savings Accountsand understand their benefits and costs
• choose supplemental dental and eye-care coverage
• track down the biggest savings on prescription drug costs
• master the insurer's fine print and win battles over payments to get the most out of a plan
• manage the Medicare system and long-term care insurance to protect retirement savings
|Publisher:||Holt, Henry & Company, Inc.|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.11(w) x 9.23(h) x 0.69(d)|
About the Author
Fred Brock, a former business editor and current contributor to The New York Times, is the author of Retire on Less Than You Think (0-8050-7374-4) and
Live Well on Less Than You Think (0-8050-7725-1). He has previously been an editor and reporter covering politics, business, and finance for The Wall Street Journal, the Houston Chronicle, and the Louisville Courier-Journal. Now the R. M. Seaton Professor of Professional Journalism at Kansas State University, he lives in Manhattan, Kansas.