The 2006 Health Law and Compliance Update brings you the latest information on emerging issues in health law and health care compliance. Each chapter is authored by an expert in the area and includes in-depth analysis of the latest health law and compliance issues. The 2006 Edition of this valuable resource includes new chapters on legal issues in home health care, health care information technology and the medical health record, internal auditing, tax compliance issues, analysis of recent OIG Advisory Opinions on gainsharing, and more.
Also, the 2006 Edition has been updated to include a variety of practical checklists, charts, and other tools, including: Stark Checklists, EMTALA Compliance Assessment Questionnaire and Checklist, Model Charity Care Policy, IRS Sample Conflicts of Interest Policy, MCO Standards and Guidelines: Quality Management and Improvement, Details of Clinical Practice Guidelines, and more!
|Publisher:||Wolters Kluwer Law & Business|
Table of Contents
• Year in Review
• Legal Issues in Home Health Care
• HIPAA Privacy Rule, Confidentiality, and Litigation
• Federal Income Tax Compliance Issues
• The Growing Importance of Securities Regulation for Publicly Traded Entities in the Post¿Sarbanes-Oxley Marketplace
• Medical Staff Developments
• Recent ERISA Health Care Developments
• Health Care Information Technology and the Electronic Health Record
• Internal Auditing of the Revenue Cycle
• Analysis of Gainsharing in OIG Advisory Opinions 05-1 to 05-6 and Other Recent OIG and CMS Guidance
• What Does Compliance Have to Do with Quality?