Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span / Edition 7 available in Paperback
Up to date and easy to read, this textbook provides comprehensive coverage of all major concepts of health promotion and disease prevention. It highlights growth and development throughout the life span, emphasizing normal development as well as the specific problems and health promotion issues common to each stage. All population groups are addressed with separate chapters for individuals, families, and communities.
• Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the lifespan emphasizes the unique problems and health promotion needs of each age and stage of development.
• Separate chapters on each population – group, individual, family, and community – stress the unique issues faced when providing care to each group.
• Evidence-Based Practice boxesemphasize current research efforts and opportunities in health promotion.
• Hot Topics and Innovative Practice boxes engage students’ interest by introducing significant issues, trends, and creative programs and projects in health promotion practice.
• Diversity Awareness boxes address various cultural perspectives and provide important informationthat needs to be considered in planning care.
• Case studies and care plans present realistic situations that challenge students to reflect upon important health promotion concepts.
• Think About Itboxes dig deeper into the chapter topic and encourage critical thinking.
• Numerous pedagogical features such as objectives, key terms, and textual summaries highlight the most important concepts and terms in each chapter.
• NEW! Healthy People 2020 boxes include related goals and objectivesfor each chapter to address emerging health issues andhealth priorities over the next decade.
• NEW! Quality and Safety scenarios include examples and suggestions toencourage quality and safety in nursing.
• NEW! Redesigned Nutrition chapter highlights the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the MyPlate food guide.
• NEW! Standard headings in the growth and development chapters reinforcethe concepts of Gordon's Functional Health Patterns.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
Module 1: Foundations for Health Promotion
- Health Defined: Objectives for Promotion and Prevention
- Emerging Populations and Health
- Health Policy and the Delivery System
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical Issues Relevant to Health Promotion
- Health Promotion and the Individual
- Health Promotion and the Family
- Health Promotion and the Community
- Health Education
- Nutrition Counseling for Health Promotion
- Stress Management
- Holistic Health Strategies
- Overview of Growth and Development Framework
- The Prenatal Period
- Preschool Child
- School-Age Child
- Young Adult
- Middle-Age Adult
- Older Adult
- Health Promotion for the Twenty-First Century: Throughout the Life Span and Throughout the World
Module 2: Assessment for Health Promotion
Module 3: Interventions for Health Promotion
Module 4: Application of Health Promotion
Module 5: Challenges in the Twenty-First Century
Most Helpful Customer Reviews