With the advent of health care reform and an emphasis on reducing health care costs, health promotion and disease prevention is a priority in nursing care. Be prepared with Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 8th Edition, your comprehensive guide to major health promotion concepts. Featuring practical guidance – including boxes on diversity awareness, evidence-based practice, innovative practice, hot topics, and quality and safety as well as case studies and care plans – our experienced authors give you all the tools you need to stay current on the latest research and trends in health promotion.
• Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the lifespan emphasizes the unique problems and health promotion needs of each age and stage of development.
• Separate chapters on each population – group, individual, family, and community – stress the unique issues faced when providing care to each group.
• Evidence-Based Practice boxesemphasize current research efforts and opportunities in health promotion.
• Hot Topics and Innovative Practice boxes engage students’ interest by introducing significant issues, trends, and creative programs and projects in health promotion practice.
• Diversity Awareness boxes address various cultural perspectives and provide important informationthat needs to be considered in planning care.
• Case studies and care plans present realistic situations that challenge students to reflect upon important health promotion concepts.
• Think About Itboxes dig deeper into the chapter topic and encourage critical thinking.
• Numerous pedagogical features such as objectives, key terms, and textual summaries highlight the most important concepts and terms in each chapter.
• NEW! Healthy People 2020 boxes include related goals and objectivesfor each chapter to address emerging health issues andhealth priorities over the next decade.
• NEW! Quality and Safety scenarios include examples and suggestions toencourage quality and safety in nursing.
• NEW! Redesigned Nutrition chapter highlights the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the MyPlate food guide.
• NEW! Standard headings in the growth and development chapters reinforcethe concepts of Gordon's Functional Health Patterns.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Module 1: Foundations for Health Promotion
- Health Defined: Objectives for Promotion and Prevention
- Emerging Populations and Health
- Health Policy and the Delivery System
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical Issues Relevant to Health Promotion
- Health Promotion and the Individual
- Health Promotion and the Family
- Health Promotion and the Community
- Health Education
- Nutrition Counseling for Health Promotion
- Stress Management
- Holistic Health Strategies
- Overview of Growth and Development Framework
- The Prenatal Period
- Preschool Child
- School-Age Child
- Young Adult
- Middle-Age Adult
- Older Adult
- Health Promotion for the Twenty-First Century: Throughout the Life Span and Throughout the World
Module 2: Assessment for Health Promotion
Module 3: Interventions for Health Promotion
Module 4: Application of Health Promotion
Module 5: Challenges in the Twenty-First Century