Eating nutritiously is especially important during pregnancy, but exactly what is healthy, safe and nourishing is often confusing for expectant mothers. This cookbook gives clear, reassuring and up-to-the-minute advice to expectant and new mothers on choosing the best foods for themselves and for their developing baby. Every recipe is accompanied by detailed nutritional information and explanations of the benefits of specific ingredients. What's more, the delicious, gourmet recipes celebrate the joys of eating during pregnancy, and will still be enjoyable long after baby is born.
The Healthy Pregnancy Cookbook includes:
- Nearly 100 recipes created for maximum pleasure and vitality
- Nutrients that are most important for a healthy pregnancy
- Best foods to eat during pregnancy and while nursing
- Advice on relieving morning sickness and other common pregnancy ailments
- Vanilla Apple Compote with Honeyed Greek Yogurt
- Avocado, Tomato and Cilantro on Sourdough Bread
- Couscous Salad with Chargrilled Chicken
- Roast Cod with Lentils and Bell Peppers
- Baked Peaches on Brioche
A cookbook filled with delicious recipes and up-to-the-minute nutrition advice for mothers-to-be
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Product dimensions:||(w) x (h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Jane Middleton is a food writer with a particular interest in the relationship between diet and health. She has ten years' experience in recipe development and nutritional issues, and two children of her own.
George Rapitis, who contributes the nutritional information, studies Culinary Arts at Schoolcraft College, and has a BS in Dietetics from Madonna University, both in Livonia, Michigan. He is a member of the American Dietetic Association, and currently teaches healthy cooking seminars at Schoolcraft College while working as a nutritionist at Garden City Hospital, Michigan.