A pulse-pounder full of humor and heart, the latest in the What Doesn't Kill You romantic mystery series.
Big-haired paralegal and former rodeo queen Emily has her life back on track. Her adoption of Betsy seems like a done deal, her parents have reunited, and she's engaged to her sexy boss Jack. Then client Phil Escalante's childhood buddy Dennis drops dead, face first into a penis cake at the adult novelty store Phil owns with his fiancée Nadine, one of Emily's best friends. The cops charge Phil with murder right on the heels of his acquittal in a trial for burglarizing the Mighty is His Word church offices. Emily's nemesis ADA Melinda Stafford claims a witness overheard Phil fighting with Dennis over a woman. Before he can mount a defense, Phil falls into a diabetic coma, leaving Nadine shaken and terrified. Meanwhile Betsy's ultra-religious foster parents apply to adopt her, and Jack starts acting weird and evasive. Emily feels like a calf out of a chute, pulled between the ropes of the header and the heeler, as she fights to help Phil and Nadine without losing Betsy and Jack.
See why Pamela has won contest after contest.
• 2015 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
• 2014 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Cross Genre Fiction
• 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-finalist, Romance
• 2013 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Business: Publishing
• 2012 Winner of the Houston Writers Guild Ghost Story Contest
• 2012 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Parenting: Divorce
• 2011 Winner of the Houston Writers Guild Novel Contest, Mainstream
• 2010 Winner of the Writers League of Texas Manuscript Contest, Romance
˃˃˃ Once Upon A Romance Calls Hutchins an "up and coming powerhouse writer."
If you like Sandra Brown or Janet Evanovich, you're going to love Pamela Fagan Hutchins.