Hematopathology, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, packs all of today's essential know-how into a concise, high-yield format! This medical reference book’s well-organized approach, full-color illustrations, and at-a-glance tables make the information you need easy to find, so you can diagnose the most commonly encountered hematologic conditions as efficiently and accurately as possible.
- Efficiently diagnose the most commonly encountered neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the hematologic system.
- Review normal histology before examining abnormal findings.
- Reference information quickly with a user-friendly format that explores each entity’s clinical features, pathologic features, ancillary studies, differential diagnosis, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations.
- View key features of a wide variety of pathologies with hundreds of full-color illustrations.
- Check out the latest in the labs with new chapters on splenic pathology and flow cytometry.
- Get even more of the information you need with an expanded molecular pathology chapter than now highlights molecular diagnosis of red cell disorders.
Table of Contents
Section 1 Non-Neoplastic Disorders 1
Chapter 1 Red Blood Cell/Hemoglobin Disorders
Chapter 2 Platelet Disorders
Chapter 3 Non-Neoplastic Morphologic Abnormalities of White Blood Cells and Macrophages
Chapter 4 Reactive Lymph Nodes and Castleman Disease
Chapter 5 Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes
Chapter 6 Benign Causes of Bone Marrow Abnormalities Including Infections, Storage Diseases, Systemic Disorders, and Stromal Changes
Section 2 Lymphomas
Chapter 7 Small B-Cell Lymphomas
Chapter 8 Diffuse Aggressive B-Cell Lymphomas
Chapter 9 Peripheral T-Cell Lymphomas
Chapter 10 Immunodeficiency-Related Lymphoproliferative Disorders
Chapter 11 Hodgkin Lymphoma
Section 3 Leukemias, Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, and Myelodysplasia
Chapter 12 B-Cell Leukemias of Mature Lymphocytes
Chapter 13 Mature T-Cell and Natural Killer Cell Leukemias
Chapter 14 Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Chapter 15 Precursor Lymphoid Neoplasms
Chapter 16 Acute Undifferentiated Leukemia and Mixed-Phenotype Acute Leukemias
Chapter 17 Myeloproliferative and “Overlap Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
Chapter 18 Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Section 4 Disorders of Histiocytes, Mast Cells, Plasma Cells, Spleen, and Ancillary Techniques
Chapter 19 Disorders of Histiocytes
Chapter 20 Mastocytosis 5
Chapter 21 Plasma Cell Neoplasms and Related Disorders
Chapter 22 Disorders of the Spleen
Chapter 23 Flow Cytometric Principles in Hematopathology
Chapter 24 Molecular Diagnosis in Hematopathology