Kellyn Wynbre was born to a noble House hoping for a son instead of a daughter. As an only child born into an enormous family, she’s expected to marry well and raise children, thus continuing her family line and bringing honor to her House. But no one ever asked Kel what she wants—and marriage isn’t it. In a desperate attempt to save herself from a life of servitude, Kel agrees to cross the Madirakovi Strait and meet a suitor in the exotic city of Erytel, but she aims to never return home. Love simply isn’t for her, not yet. There’s so much more to learn in the world of Inrugia, and Kel won’t stop until she’s seen it all.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: This short story is the fourth interlude in the Frendyl Krune series. This tale takes place two years prior to "Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun." While this short story does not contain spoilers for any of the Frendyl Krune books, it is suggested you read "Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun" before continuing forward to gain a stronger sense of Kel and her personality and decisions.
Evolved Publishing presents the fourth short story interlude in the middle grade fantasy series "Frendyl Krune Origins." Discover the fantastic world of the Amüli. Perfect for kids 10-15 years old.
Books by Kira A. McFadden:
- Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun (Frendyl Krune - Book 1)
- Frendyl Krune and the Snake Across the Sea (Frendyl Krune - Book 2)
- Frendyl Krune and the Stone Princess (Frendyl Krune - Book 3)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: The Ekrim's Oath (Frendyl Krune Origins - 1)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: The Sandstone Script (Frendyl Krune Origins - 2)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: Their Pretty Bones (Frendyl Krune Origins - 3)
- Frendyl Krune Origins: Her Tired Heart (Frendyl Krune Origins - 4)
- The Soulbound Curse (Soulbound - Book 1)
- Soulbound Origins: The Crow Prince (Soulbound Origins - 1)
More Great Fantasy from Evolved Publishing:
- Two Moons of Sera by P.K. Tyler
- The Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich
- Dream Warriors by D. Robert Pease
- Wind Catcher by Jeff Altabef and Erynn Altabef
About the Author
I began telling stories before I could put pencil to paper. In the beginning, my tales revolved around princesses and knights, dragons, space ships, and epic battles. For over the last decade, however, my concentration has been solely on the creation and completion of The Soulbound Curse. Since beginning this massive project, I’ve filled notebooks, sketchbooks, and hard drives with pictures, notes, languages, and pages upon pages of drafts for the "Amüli Chronicles," which I expect to someday surpass the 20-book mark.
At the moment, I’m working on the sequel to "The Soulbound Curse," to be called "The Soulless King," in which new characters will appear, old ones will return, and the story of Clae, Marik, Eti, and Lothar will continue. I’m also hard at work on the first of my Middle Grade Fantasy series, "Frendyl Krune and the Blood of the Sun." Plans for more tales from Inrugia are scattered across my desk, such as the Young Adult Fantasy trilogy about Jartia and Christopher, Draemyn Pex’s notebook during the Transition, and the tale of Lothar and Marac in the Pre-Transition Era.
I live in Loveland, CO, with my beloved Micahl and two Cori catfish.