The authoritative information and advice you need, illustrated throughout with full-color photographs.
Hermit crabs are social creatures, so most owners have several. They're easy to care for and fascinating to watch as they grow, molt, climb, dig, burrow, and crawl. They "adopt" shells that they carry on their back like a mobile home! With colorful photos and helpful tips, this practical guide covers everything you need to know to get started, including:
- Choosing your hermit crabs
- Setting up an interesting crabitat with a warm, humid environment
- Essential equipment and supplies
- Handling, feeding, and misting your hermit crabs
- Providing extra shells so your critters can change shell "housing" as they grow
Discover intriguing ways to have fun with hermit crabs. They're truly low cost, low maintenance, captivating pets.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Series:||Happy Healthy Pet Series , #51|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.60(w) x 8.12(h) x 0.53(d)|
About the Author
In addition to writing about pets, Pavia has worked as an editor for several dog magazines and a monthly horse publication. She lives with her husband, Randy, and an assortment of animals in Norco, California.