If You're a Vegan Bodybuilder or an Athlete and Worry If You're Getting Enough Protein, Read On...
Whenever you mention veganism, there's always someone who starts criticizing it for the apparent lack of protein in the diet - as if meat, fish, eggs, and dairy were the only protein sources out there!
However, plant-based proteins can be just as valuable if you eat a wide variety of them in appropriate amounts. It's true that a single plant doesn't have all the essential protein building blocks that your body needs (aka amino acids), but a richly varied vegan diet will cover all your dietary needs!
Why would you need a high-protein diet anyway?
- If you're an athlete: intense or prolonged exercise breaks down body tissues and you need protein to rebuild them
- If you're a woman of child-bearing age, you lose some blood each month and need iron and protein to make up for it; also, you need lots of protein when pregnant and recovering from childbirth
- If you're over 50 years old, you need to prevent your muscles from growing smaller and weaker as you age
This unique vegan cookbook by Margaret Stewart focuses on bringing you the most delicious high-protein vegan meals you can imagine.
Here's what you'll find in the book:
- Dozens and dozens of mouth-watering vegan recipes!
- A clear focus on high-protein vegan ingredients such as peas, lentils, tofu, and many others!
- Rich combinations of leafy greens and colorful vegetables to accompany the high-protein ingredient
- Easy to follow step-by-step instructions
- Recipes that range from quick and easy to sophisticated
Even if you're not a vegan, this book is totally worth exploring. Plant-based foods should dominate any healthy diet, and this book will show you some really inspiring meal ideas!
A vegan diet doesn't have to be boring and low in protein! Do you want to learn more?