Temporarily Out of Stock Online
This book explores the fascinating field of high-temperature superconductivity. Basic concepts-including experimental techniques and theoretical issues-are discussed in a clear, systematic manner. In addition, the most recent research results in the measurements, materials synthesis and processing, and characterization of physical properties of high-temperature superconductors are presented. Researchers and students alike can use this book as a comprehensive introduction not only to superconductivity but also to materials-related research in electromagnetic ceramics.
Special features of the book:
- presents recent developments in vortex-state properties, defects characterization, and phase equilibrium
- introduces basic concepts for experimental techniques at low temperatures and high magnetic fields
- provides a valuable reference for materials-related research
- discusses potential industrial applications of high-temperature superconductivity
- includes novel processing technologies for thin film and bulk materials
- suggests areas of research and specific problems whose solution can make high-Tc superconductors a practical reality
|Edition description:||1st ed|
|Product dimensions:||6.50(w) x 1.50(h) x 9.50(d)|
Table of ContentsPreface. High-Temperature Superconductivity in the Layered Cuprates: an Overview (J.C. Phillips). Properties of High-Temperature Superconductors: New Considerations in Measurements (J.D. Hettinger, D.G. Steel). Crystal Structures and Phase Equilibria (F. Izumi, E. Takayama-Muromachi). Statics and Dynamics of the Vortex State in Type II Superconductors (S. Sengupta, D. Shi). Structural Defects in YBa2Cu3O7-&dgr; Superconductors (Y. Zhu). Transport Critical Currents (H. Jones, R.G. Jenkins). High-Temperature Superconducting Thin Films (J.M. Phillips). Bulk Processing and Characterization of YBa2Cu3O6+x (P. McGinn). Processing Bi-Based High-Tc Superconducting Tapes, Wires, and Thick Films for Conductor Applications (E.E. Hellstrom). Applications for High-Temperature Superconductors (Z.J.J. Stekly, E. Gregory).