Common Core Top Pick for Reading Literature and Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- Range of Reading and level of Text Complexity
View all Common Core Top Picks forReading Literature and Informational Text
History PocketsAncient Civilizations,Grades 1–3, contains seven discovery pockets. An introduction pocket gives an overview of the time periods studied. The other pockets focus on the food, shelter, clothing, and contributions of six ancient worlds.
Each of the pockets contains:
- a reproducible pocket label
- four picture dictionary words
- a fact sheet of background information for the teacher
- a reproducible student information booklet complete with illustrations
- a postcard of a famous monument
- two puppets to show the clothing
- arts and crafts projects
- writing activities
As a culminating activity, the students put together a passport of all the places they have visited. This passport gives students a chance to reflect on all they have learned.
The book includes the following pockets:
- What Is History?
- Ancient Mesopotamia
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome
- Ancient China
- Ancient Aztec World
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
We just received this book and started working with it right away. I home school my boys ages 5 and 7, and we paired up the Egypt lesson with books we got at the library about Ancient Egypt and Mummies. They really enjoyed the info and getting to color and cut the pages. You will have to make copies of may of the pages to use them though. I will be getting more of these books in the future.