This Collection, composed of 23 reissued titles from The Athlone Press and Leicester University Press, offers a distinguished selection of titles that showcase the width and breadth of historical study, as well as the interdisciplinary nature of the subject. Crossing over into politics, linguistics, economics, politics, military and maritime history, and science, this Collection encompasses titles on British, European and global subjects from the Early Modern period to the late 20th Century.
Ranging from the 18th century to the modern day, this set offers economical, ideological, military and technological insight into the rich history of the South American continent. Illuminating the continent's colonial past and its slow and bloody struggle to independence, each title draws a picture of countries that have yet to unearth their full potential.
All titles can be bought individually or as part of a sub-set. This sub-set includes:
- Latin America, Economic Imperialism and the State by Christopher Abel and Colin Lewis
- José Martí by Christopher Abel and Nissa Torrents
- Government and Society in Colonial Peru: The Intendant System 1784-1814 by John R. Fisher
- British Railways in Argentina 1857-1914 by Colin Lewis
- The Rise and Fall of the Peruvian Military Radicals 1968-1976 by George D.E. Philip