This book suggests that the solution to the current leadership crisis lies in leaders' self-cultivation process, emanating from their deepest values and culminating in their contribution to the common good. Traditional approaches to leadership rarely provide any permeating or systematic framework to garner a sense of higher purpose or nurture deeper moral and spiritual dimensions of leaders. Learning to be an effective leader requires a level of personal transformation on the continuum of self, spirit, and service.
Synthesizing the best of contemporary approaches to leadership in a holistic manner, this book presents a unique model of leadership that is built on the sound principles of Self-Motivation, Personal Mastery, Creativity and Flow, Emotional Intelligence, Optimal Performance, Appreciative Inquiry, Authentic Leadership, Transformational Leadership, Positive Psychology, Moral Philosophy, and Wisdom Traditions of the world. This broad interdisciplinary approach is well-suited to effectively address the multifaceted issues faced by contemporary organizations and leaders. It will be of great interest to graduate business and organizational leadership students and faculty as well as corporate leaders.
|Publisher:||Palgrave Macmillan US|
|Edition description:||1st ed. 2017|
|Product dimensions:||5.83(w) x 8.27(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: On Becoming a Holistic Leader
2. Self-Motivation: Motivating the Whole Person
3. Self-Mastery: Mastering the “Me” in Leadership
4. Creativity and Flow: The Art of Mindful Creativity
5. Emotional & Multiple Intelligences: 10 Different Ways of Being Smart
6. Appreciative Inquiry: Discovering the Best in People and Organizations
7. Spiritual Leadership: A Superior Way to Be and to Serve
8. Meaning and Purpose in Leadership: What Would You Bet your Life On?
9. Find Your Fulfillment: Winning Habits of Highly Fulfilled Leaders
10. Being the Change: A Hero’s Journey and Legacy
11. Epilogue: From Position-Power to Self-Power