Holy People of the World [3 volumes]: A Cross-Cultural Encyclopedia available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- ABC-CLIO, Incorporated
A cross-cultural encyclopedia of the most significant holy people in history, examining why people in a wide range of religious traditions throughout the world have been regarded as divinely inspired.
• Approximately 1,200 entries including biographical sketches of holy men and women, plus 20 overview articles and 64 comparative essays
• 270 contributors include scholars from 20 countriesall leading authorities on the individuals and religions they write about
• Hundreds of historical photographs, illustrations, and paintings depicting holy men and women
• End-of entry bibliographic citations to guide readers to further sources on each topic
• Exhaustive subject index
• Rich cross-referencing structure that aids navigation among related entries
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.50(h) x 2.87(d)|
|Age Range:||13 - 18 Years|
About the Author
Phyllis G. Jestice, PhD, is associate professor of history at the University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS. Her published works include ABC-CLIO's Encyclopedia of Irish Spirituality.