Anyone can start a business - it may be trading goods on-line or at car-boot sales, but it takes something more to establish a successful business. In this book, Dennis Laverty does not look at starting a business - the focus is on establishing a successful business that will fit in with your lifestyle and ambitions. Every year, thousands of businesses start up in the UK, and statistics indicate that over half of them fail within the first year. Many businesses close as a result of pressure from those lovely banks when they fail to meet their financial commitments. In this book, you will learn why not to borrow money from a bank in order to start your business. More importantly - learn HOW to start your business without borrowing from a bank!
There are lots of other easy-to-apply tips and techniques to help you such as:
· Applying the Is-it-worth-it-ometer? to your decisions
· Overcoming every barrier that may put you off starting a business
· Unique disciplines to successfully run a business from your home
· Creating your Lifestyle Vision and Lifestyle Costing
· Trial-trading is Market Research at its best
· 7-steps to determine the best name for your business
· Easy-to-apply techniques to get the pricing structure right
Each Chapter concludes with a list of hints and tips for you to follow up as part of your Enterprise Development. Following the tips and applying the techniques to your business idea will be the difference between merely starting a business and running a successful business long-term!