Experience learning made easy—and quickly teach yourself how to use the built-in networking features in Microsoft® Windows® XP. With STEP BY STEP, you drive the instruction. Work at your own pace through the clear, step-by-step directions. From installing hardware to setting up instant messaging, you’ll learn exactly what you need so you can do more and get more from your connected home!
- Choose the right network solution for you—from Ethernet to wireless
- Use an easy wizard to connect to the Internet
- Quickly link your Windows-based computers, and create personalized user accounts
- Make it easy for everyone in your house to share a single printer or Internet account
- Share information, pictures, and music at home or over the Internet, but keep private files private
- Use the built-in firewall to fend off hackers and other security threats
|Series:||Step by Step Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.38(w) x 9.18(h) x 0.58(d)|
About the Author
Matt Danda wrote and edited lessons for several Microsoft Step by Step Interactive products including: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Online Training Kit, Microsoft Windows 2000 Step by Step Interactive, and Microsoft Windows Me Step by Step. He has passed the four core Microsoft Certified Professional exams for Administrating Windows NT 4.0.Matt also is the author of Protect Yourself Online.
Heather Galioto is a technical writer and UA manager in the Connected Home Business Unit of Microsoft. She has many years of technical writing experience at Microsoft, the last two of which have been focused on home networking.