Homeopathic Pharmacy: Theory and Practice / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This 2nd edition gives every health professional and pharmacist the broad information they need to dispense and counter-prescribe homeopathic methods with confidence. Designed as both a complete source of initial information and an everyday reference, Homeopathic Pharmacy provides detailed information on the procedures, principals, and applications that are essential in the practice of homoeopathic medicine. It describes the application of homeopathy for both general situations, such as first aid, dentistry, sportscare, and petcare, and for specific situations, such as allergies, infections, and teenagers' problems.
• Details procedures relevant to pharmacists and other health professionals - including manufacturing, dispensing, and counter-prescribing.
• Outlines the theoretical principles of homoeopathic prescribing.
• Describes the application of homeopathy for both general and specific situations.
• Provides easy-to-use reference tables for 60 common remedies and the symptoms related to their prescription.
• Critically reviews important research papers and provides a guide to designing research tools.
• Discusses the legal status of homoeopathic remedies.
• Gives an account of the historical development of homeopathy in Europe and beyond.
• Contains practical information such as homeopathic pharmacopoeias, methods of preparation of homeopathic medicines, nomenclature for potencies, dosage forms, and interpreting, dispencing, and pricing prescriptions.
• Covers new developments in pharmacy.
• Section on research expanded and improved, taking a more evidence-based approach.
• Fully updated legal section incorporates legal status in the USA, Canada, and Europe.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
PART 1 INTRODUCTION
1. The Complementary Approach to Health
2. The Development of Homeopathy
3. The Spread of Homeopathy
PART 2 PROCEDURES
4. Preparing The Remedy
5. Supply of a Named Remedy
6. Over the Counter Prescribing
PART 3 CLINICAL APPLICATIONS
7. The Theory of Disease and Treatment
8. Choosing the Remedy
PART 4 HOMOEOPATHIC PRESCRIBING PRACTICE
9. Applications of Homeopathy
10. Remedies Allied to Homeopathy
PART 5 RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
PART 6 REFERENCE SECTION
13. Materia Medica
14. Useful Addresses
15. Bibliography and Online Information
16. Index of Remedies