The most complete guide to job finding on the Internet—for beginners and old computer hands alike
HOOK UP, GET HIRED!
New methods to expand your job search and reach more potential employers—in your backyard or miles away
- Find out how to look for jobs and market your resume through electronic mailing lists, newsgroups, and bulletin boards
- Learn from the experiences of real people who found jobs on the Internet
Just in time—the Internet, a part of the information highway, has arrived to help you find a job in the leaner, meaner '90s. The fastest-growing gold mine for job searchers in history, the Net—used by tens of millions of people—offers hundreds of new job resources. This book shows you how to be a job success across town or across a continent. Don't be left behind. Learn about a new kind of marketplace for job finding from America's favorite careers columnist, Joyce Lain Kennedy:
- Internet experience not required
- View 100,000+ online job ads; search by career field
- Put your resume where countless employers can see it
- Manage your career like a pro with the ultimate in networking
- Prepare for interviews by researching companies via the Net
- Make your resume Internet-friendly
- Send free e-mail anywhere in the world
- Save time and money with special "autopilot" Net tips
- Become a consultant or find freelance assignments using Internet savvy
Why wait? Hook Up and Get Hired!
|Product dimensions:||7.03(w) x 9.94(h) x 0.69(d)|
About the Author
JOYCE LAIN KENNEDY is a nationally syndicated careers columnist (Los Angeles Times Syndicate) whose column appears in more than 100 newspapers. She is the senior author of two previous Wiley books, Electronic Job Search Revolution and Electronic Resume Revolution.
Table of Contents
Job Finding: The Internet Family Connections.
Getting Net Results.
Information Highway Trip Tickets.
JOBS Looking for People.
PEOPLE Looking for Jobs.
CyberOpportunities for Small Business.
Where Do I Start?
(And Where's the Panic Button?).
Put Your Job Search on Autopilot.
Job Finding Strategies and Savvy Moves.