The lights fade, and a hooded figure appears and tells Jacky and Cass they're stuck in a twisted game of cat and mouse. He will show them their worst fears, and if the kids manage to face down those fears, they'll have a chance of getting out of the House of Horrors alive. If they don't, well…
"...reminds me of the books I grew up with by RL Stine and Christopher Pike. If you loved those, these will be perfect." ~ BookLover
When her parents allow her to go to the fair, Jacky is over the moon. The fair is most famous for its haunted mansion, the House of Horrors, and her friend Ben can't wait to try it out. Her best friend, Cass, is a little more reluctant, but then again, Cass has always been a chicken when it comes to getting scared.
Jacky and Cass are determined to act tough, so when Ben suggests they try out the House of Horrors, the girls tag along, even though the place gives them the chills.
As soon as the three of them enter the spooky monstrosity, the ride comes to a screeching halt, and the horror begins. Thirty minutes to face their nightmares… and the clock is ticking.
"My daughters and I love the 'Weirdville' series! These books are great for kids who enjoy a little spooky reading but not something so scary they can't sleep." ~ A. LeBlanc
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the second book in the "Weirdville" series of spooky-fun adventures. These chapter books are perfect for young readers aged 7-11. [DRM-Free]
Books by Majanka Verstraete:
- Weirdville – Book 1: "The Doll Maker"
- Weirdville – Book 2: "House of Horrors"
- Weirdville – Book 3: "Fright Train"
- Weirdville – Book 4: "Drowning in Fear"
- Weirdville – Book 5: "The Clumsy Magician"
- Weirdville – Book 6: "Grave Error"
- "Valentina and the Haunted Mansion" (1)
- "Valentina and the Whackadoodle Witch" (2)
- "Valentina and the Masked Mummy" (3)
More Great Kids' Books from Evolved Publishing
- The "Balderdash Saga" Series by J.W. Zulauf
- The "Emlyn and the Gremlin" Series by Steff F. Kneff
- The "Sully P. Snooferpoot" Series by Aaron Shaw Ph.D.
- "Thomas and the Tiger Turtle" and "Bella and the Blue Genie" by Jonathan Gould
About the Author
Majanka Verstraete begged her Mom to teach her how to read while she was still in kindergarten. By the time she finished fifth grade, she had read through the entire children’s section of her hometown library.
She wrote her first story when she was seven years old, and hasn’t stopped writing since. With an imagination that never sleeps, and hundreds of possible book characters screaming for her attention, writing is more than a passion for her.