Organized around 23 easy-to-follow steps, How to Adopt Internationally
includes detailed coverage of every aspect of the international adoption
process, including organizing a home study and fulfilling state requirements
as well as choosing a country to adopt from, working through emigration and
immigration, and traveling abroad to meet your child. This revised and
updated edition also includes
- A Compendium of Information on Participating Countries, which privides up-to-date information on 68 child-placing countries, including a summary of the adoption laws and requirements for adopting parents as well as the central authority in charge of adoption, important contact information, and the number of children sucessfully adopted by U.S. citizens in recent years.
- Important information on the new citizenship law of 2001 and how it affects children adopted internationally.
- Samples of most forms and documents parents will be required to provide, plus detailed information on collecting and properly preparing each document.
- Samples and translations of referral and health information received by adoptive parents.
- Guidelines for choosing an agency (if you decide to use one) and estimating the cost of an international adoption
- Practical information on packing for the adoption trip, making travel arrangements, and caring for your child while abroad.
- Worksheet for estimating adoption expenses.
- Detailed guidelines for issues and questions addressed during the homestudy process.
- Internet addresses for finding important updates regarding international adoption on the World Wide Web including sites for downloading INS forms, contacting Embassies and agencies overseas, finding country-specific adoptive parent support support groups, up-to-date travel information, and much more.
The authors' commitment to providing accurate, up-to-date, and detailed information has made this the most widely used resource for international adoption available.
|Publisher:||Mesa House Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 10.10(h) x 0.75(d)|