How to Beat Wall Street covers everything you need to get started trading in stocks, forex and commodities. This is the perfect book for someone looking for a solid overview of how to trade, from a seasoned professional trader.
Plus... 20 powerful trading system ideas are introduced that anyone can use to trade in stocks on a variety of timeframes.
What you will learn:
- Trading fundamentals: central banks, macro-economics, Keynes and interest rates
- Trading philosophies: trend following strategies, mean reversion techniques
- Famous traders: Warren Buffett, Jim Rogers & George Soros
- Timing: financial ratios, volatility analysis, Dow Theory, stock market cycles
- Risk: money management techniques, trading psychology, Kelly criterion
- Secrets & tips: news trading, volume analysis, seasonal patterns
- Technical analysis: MACD, moving averages, Bollinger Bands, pivot points and naked price action
- Trading systems: design & optimisation, 20 stock trading strategies, trend following strategies and mean reversion trading systems
- Resources & bonus material: comprehensive resource material, tips for online trading, best trading books bibliography and bonus section.
20 trading systems are back-tested on 10 years of historical data. Including:
Trading System 1: Moving average crossover:
A simple trend following trading system that uses moving averages to find trends in stocks.
Trading System 2: 4 weeks up in a row:
A system based on a profitable pattern of four consecutive higher opens.
Trading System 3: Trading the noise:
A system that finds stocks in smooth trends using a custom formula to calculate market noise.
Trading System 4: Trading gradients:
A mean reversion reversal system that finds extremely oversold companies based on a custom formula.
Plus many more trading strategies, ideas, and of course access to the full How to Beat Wall Street course.
You will also learn:
- How to trade non-farm payrolls and other news releases.
- Volatility and sentiment analysis, bottom-up valuation techniques and PE ratios.
- Risk management and optimisation.
Finally, you will also receive the tools you need to build your own winning trading system including Amibroker AFL code for every trading system in the book, free Excel stock value calculator and over 60 spreadsheets of historical economic data.
"I would put this on a top ten list of books for new traders and I have read hundreds and even written a few of those books myself." - Steve Burns, founder of newtraderu.com and Amazon Vine Voice.
"The reason I am giving 5 stars is the generosity of the author in sharing trading system scripts and historical data. For the price paid its an absolute steal and a no-brainer."
Please Note: If you have any problems accessing the extra material please contact the author directly.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.53(d)|
About the Author
Marwood began his career day trading the FTSE 100 future and German Bund and he worked right through the financial crisis of 2008/2009. He has a passion for building mechanical trading strategies and uses a blend of fundamental and technical analysis to find low-risk investment opportunities and short-term trades.
He was taught by the former head of trading at a leading German investment bank and is also an established financial writer, Udemy course instructor, author of a book on stock trading, and a regular Seeking Alpha contributor.