Do you eat, sleep, breathe, and dream horses, and can’t imagine doing anything besides becoming an equine veterinarian? Do you worry that you’re not covering all the bases in high school and college to get into vet school? With twenty years’ experience in her own equine practice, Dr. Erica Lacher has reviewed hundreds of student applications on the admissions committee for the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine. Now she’s here to share her insider secrets to surviving and succeeding in this highly competitive process.
How to Become an Equine Veterinarian is a practical, informative guide filled with valuable advice to construct a focused plan for high school and college students. In this easy-to-follow handbook, you’ll learn how to build up years of appropriate experience, create a compelling job history, and start compiling your vet-school binder. Dr. Lacher’s industry insights will also help you explore a variety of horse-related occupations to help you find the career that’s right for you.
In How to Become an Equine Veterinarian, you’ll discover:
- An understanding of the vet school application process so you can be fully prepared
- How and why shadowing vets will help you stand out from the competition
- Ways to use veterinary and non-veterinary work experience to broaden your skillset and become a stronger vet school candidate
- How to track and leverage your work, horse and veterinary experience on your application
- Strategies for making the best use of your time in high school and college, and much, much more!
How to Become an Equine Veterinarian: A Guide for Teens is a no-nonsense resource to help you successfully navigate the tricky admissions process. If you like learning from people in the know, getting the inside scoop, and being well-prepared for your future, then you’ll love Dr. Erica Lacher and co-author Justin B. Long’s information-packed book.