Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
How to Land Your First Paralegal Job / Edition 5 available in Paperback
This book can help you develop the extra competitive edge it takes to get the job you want as a paralegal. Whether you are a student contemplating beginning your career as a paralegal, changing careers, or looking to move ahead in your current job, this book is a practical handbook designed to be used again and again. Completely updated in a new edition, this book will provide you with the tools needed to get in the door with the best possible resume, give a great job interview, and secure the job offer! This new edition features updated web listings, booklists, and more information on individual State certification. By following the job search techniques laid out in this book, you will be rewarded with a career that is satisfying and stimulating.
Table of ContentsTable of Contents
1. The Paralegal Field
2. Where Do You Fit into the Organization
3. Straight Talk about Paralegal Schools
4. How to Stand Out from the Crowd
5. Formats for Power Resumes: The Chronological Resume
6. Formats for Power Resumes: The Functional Resume
7. Writing a Strong Cover Letter
9. Beginning Your Job Search
10. Effective Job Search Strategies
11. After You Get Through the Door
12. Successfully Handling the Job Interview
13. Getting P aid What You are Worth
14. Wrapping Things Up
15. Congratulations! You Are Hired
Appendix A: Buzzwords
Appendix B: Legal Assistant and Paralegal Schools List
Appendix C: Legal Assistant and Paralegal Associations List
Appendix D: Suggested Reading
About the Author