Discover how to make better homebuying decisions.
Decisions that will save YOU money and help YOU avoid costly mistakes.
Are you sick and tired of renting? Do you want to learn how to transition out of renting and into owning a home of your own?
Do you want to avoid the costly and stupid mistakes most homebuyers make?
Then it's time to read this book.
How do you get out of renting and into a home of your own? Do you have the resources needed to buy a home?
- Can you qualify for a mortgage?
- Is your credit good enough?
- Do you have enough money for the down payment and closing costs?
- Can you find a home you like but that you can also afford?
- Do you know who to trust and work with?
The traditional real estate industry has an ingrained sales culture. As a result who can you trust? When a real estate licensee claims to be a buyer agent, will the licensee actually be your agent? Or, are they telling you something you want to hear, but that they are unwilling or unable to provide?
- Do you want to avoid making a major mistake?
A recent bankrate.com survey of homeowners produced some shocking results. 63% of millennial homeowners surveyed regretted buying their home. 44% of all homeowners surveyed said they regretted buying their homes.
- Do you want to end up with buyer's remorse like these homebuyers did?
They wanted to take part in the American Dream of owning their own home. Shortly thereafter, they felt buyer’s remorse with the home they bought. For these homebuyers, the American Dream turned into a nightmare.
- Join author and real estate insider, Tom Wemett, as he shares his real estate advice with you. He has 48 years of real estate experience, representing homebuyers only for the last 28 years.
Here’s a little of what you’ll discover inside:
- Nine reasons to continue to rent and not buy a home.
- Five reasons why owning your own home makes more sense than renting.
- Ten ways to find cash for your down payment and closing costs.
- Five steps to prepare for buying the right home at the right price and on the right terms.
- Five ways to screw up your mortgage and home buying.
- Three ways to get and keep a higher credit score.
- Three steps to finding the right home within your budget.
- Your real estate “Miranda Warning”! Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware.
- Finding a True Loyal Agent(R), your best buyer agent option.
- A True Loyal Agent's(R) pledge and guarantee of loyalty.
- Do buyer agents work for "free"?
- The three parts of developing a negotiation strategy.
- Take advantage of these seven seller motivations.
- Thirteen Tips for determining a starting offer price.
- Eleven important contract contingencies helpful for a buyer.
- Ten inspections and tests that aren't included in most general home inspections.
- Eleven action items that need attention for a successful home closing.
- Should you even consider buying a home during a raging pandemic and economic crisis?
Connect with Tom Wemett's practical advice and insider's perspective. Make better homebuying decisions. Decisions that will save you money. Decisions that will help you avoid costly and stupid mistakes when buying your next home.
|File size:||267 KB|
About the Author
Tom Wemett is a nationwide known author, instructor, and homebuyer representation specialist.
He got his entrepreneurial start as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Wemett Corporation. This was a gas and fuel oil distributorship started by his grandfather, Clarence, in 1906. Located in Hemlock, south of Rochester, NY, it had 4500 fuel oil accounts and 35 gas stations. The family business sold in 1971 and Tom spent the next two years working for a local investor. He helped the investor buy over $22 million worth of income property in 15 states over 2 1/2 years. He then started his own real estate brokerage and property management firm in 1973. He operated from 1973 to 2004 in the greater Rochester, New York, area.
In the late 1980’s, Tom purchased a Help-U-Sell franchise. This business provided special marketing and sales programs for sellers. However, the marketing drew in lots of buyers. Tom and his agents ended up spending more time helping buyers than helping sellers.
It was customary at the time for all real estate licensees to represent sellers but not buyers. Real estate licensees treated buyers as customers. But the real estate company treated sellers as clients. Buyers had no representation. But, sellers did. The phenomenon started to change in the late 1980’s. Buyer representation became acceptable and desired by homebuyers.
Tom saw a conflict. He had listings and was looking out for the best interest of these sellers. He realized it would be impossible to look out for the best interest of a buyer of the same property.
For Tom the decision was clear and simple. Represent one side only and end the conflict of interest. He stopped attempting to represent both a seller and a buyer on the same property in the same company. In 1992, Tom became and continues today as an exclusive buyer’s agent. He represents homebuyers only and never represents homesellers or takes listings.
Homebuyers want to buy the right home at the right price. Tom’s focus is to make sure that happens and has dedicated his real estate career to that goal.
Tom is the founder-broker-manager of Homebuyer Advisers LLC. This is an exclusive buyer agency currently operating in Florida and Massachusetts. Tom is a licensed real estate broker in Florida, Massachusetts and New York State.
Tom has a business degree from RIT, the Rochester Institution of Technology. He also has taken the following training and has earned the following certifications among many others:
Accredited Buyer Representative, ABR; Accredited Buyer Representative Manager, ABRM; Certified Exclusive Buyer Agent Master, CEBA-M; Certified Buyer Representative, CBR; Certified Buyer Agent, CBA; Certified Residential Specialist, CRS; Graduate REALTOR® Institute, GRI; Certified Negotiation Expert, CNE; Senior Real Estate Specialist, SRES; Certified New Home Sales Professional, CSP; Certified Homeowner Educator and Counselor, CHEC.