The burning question on every ambitious fee-earner's lips is: 'how do I make partner at this firm?' This book is your route map to making it to the top in a professional services firm. It shows you how to stand out, be in the right place at the right time and build your kitbag of skills to overcome the many hurdles and reach the Holy Grail of becoming partner. This book reveals what it really takes to make it, and what it will involve once you're there. It helps you make an informed decision on whether or not this is the right step for you, and guides you on how to become a partner and still have a life of your own. Heather Townsend and Jo Larbie show you the rules of the game, laying bare exactly what you need to do to take the ultimate step.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd.|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Jo Larbie is a leading thinker in the world of talent management for professional service firms. She has over 20 years experience in organisational and leadership development and as a lawyer, HRD Director, consultant and executive coach. She has been personally responsible for many hundreds of professionals successfully taking the step up to partner.
Heather Townsend helps professionals and firms become the go-to-expert. She is the author of the bestselling The Financial Times Guide to Business Networking. Over the last decade, Heather has worked with over 100 partners, coached and developed 1000+ professionals in the UK's most ambitious professional practices.
Table of Contents
** Chapter - 00: Overview and introduction;
• Section - ONE: Is partnership right for you?; ** Chapter - 01: What does being a partner in the 21st century actually mean?; ** Chapter - 02: What do you want from your career and life?; ** Chapter - 03: The four different routes to partnership; ** Chapter - 04: I s partnership for you? Making the right choices;
• Section - TWO: Building a firm foundation for partnership; ** Chapter - 05: How to become partnership potential; ** Chapter - 06: How to develop yourself on the route to partnership; ** Chapter - 07: Creating and writing your own career action plan; ** Chapter - 08: Building your support team; ** Chapter - 09: How your firm makes money; ** Chapter - 10: How to be seen as ‘one of the club’; ** Chapter - 11: How to find the time to fit it all in; ** Chapter - 12: How to look, sound and be the part;
• Section - THREE: Surviving the early years; ** Chapter - 13: How to build your network for life; ** Chapter - 14: How your role will change as you move upwards; ** Chapter - 15: Keeping your eyes on the prize;
• Section - FOUR: How to build your own client portfolio and team; ** Chapter - 16: How to keep your body working at peak performance; ** Chapter - 17: How to become the ‘go to’ expert for your firm and profession; ** Chapter - 18: Building your own client portfolio; ** Chapter - 19: Managing and leading your way to success;
• Section - FIVE: How to make it through your firm’s partnership selection process; ** Chapter - 20: Overcoming the final hurdles to making partner; ** Chapter - 21: First steps as a partner
What People are Saying About This
"I wish I'd had access to a book like this before I became a partner." Charles H. Green, author of The Trusted Advisor