This unique, one-stop guide is tailor-made for managers, developers, and visionaries who want to know more about Lotus Notes(r) and what it takes to implement it into their organizations. You'll discover the best way to deploy groupware applications and learn how the features and capabilities of Lotus Notes(r) can help you change your company for the better.
Notes consultant, Mike Falkner takes you step-by-step through all of the technical, organizational, and user-related issues you will face and helps you:
• Build a case for Notes through a complete proposal to top management
• Acquire the infrastructure you'll need to develop and maintain a Notes environment
• Avoid obstacles that can cripple a Notes installation
• Walk through the complete development cycle of a Notes database with numerous examples of do's and don'ts
• Oversee the system once it's installed
What's on the CD
• 50 ready-to-use databases including budgeting, data warehousing, sales/lead tracking, human resources, project management, and many more
• Fully functional accounting software demo and Notes databases from Great Plains Software let you try out Dynamics, the 1995 PC Magazine Editor's Choice for best Windows-based accounting software, and the Dynamics Integration Manager, a Beacon Award Winner at LotusSphere 95
• Databases operate with both versions 3.X and 4.0
|Edition description:||BK&CD ROM|
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.21(h) x 1.26(d)|
About the Author
MIKE FALKNER has been a developer, user support and network manager, Big Six consultant, IS manager, and an author, columnist, and contributing editor for PC Computing. He has also written over 100 articles for trade publications including PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, and Windows Sources. He currently works for an accounting software firm where he headed the team that implemented Notes into the organization. He can be reached at: 0003314955mcimail.com.
Table of Contents
What Is Notes?
The Components of Lotus Notes.
How Notes Will Change You and Your Company.
The Best and Worst Ways to Use Notes.
Presenting the Vision for Notes.
Developing Applications in Notes.
50 Ways to Use Notes.
Developing a Notes Application.
The Morning After.
The Culture Surrounding Lotus Notes.
Notes Add-Ons and Third-Party Products.
The Lotus Notes Future.