Want it by Monday, September 24?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
This all-new manual gives high school students in Massachusetts detailed preparation for the required examination in English Language Arts. The author presents an overview of the test, followed by detailed instruction on writing a long composition with special atten-tion to selecting a theme and organizing its details, then writing, styling, and editing. Fol-lowing chapters review reading comprehension and discuss elements in style as they per-tain to fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama. This manual also offers test-taking strate-gies for multiple-choice and open-response questions plus three sample tests with an-swers explained.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents:
• Understanding the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment
• The Diagnostic Test
• Writing the Rough Draft for the Long Composition Exam
• Writing the Final Draft for the Long Composition
• Improving Reading Comprehension
• Identifying Literary Elements and Techniques
• Answering Open-Response Questions
• Test-Taking Strategies for Multiple-Choice Questions
• Practice Tests
Appendix: Answers to Chapter Exercises