Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This clear and succinct book is designed for general readers who want to know how to go about reading Shakespeare’s works for pleasure.
- Encourages readers to approach Shakespeare's works aggressively, interactively, and questioningly
- Focuses on six popular Shakespeare plays - A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo and Juliet, Henry IV Part I, Hamlet, King Lear and The Tempest
- Recommends the best editions, recordings and DVDs / videos of these plays
- Discusses the production of the plays on stage and screen
- Introduces readers to different genres in Shakespeare – romantic comedy, English history, tragedy and romance
- Avoids jargon and abstract literary theory
Table of Contents
List of Illustrations.
1. How to Read a Shakespeare Play.
2. A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
3. Romeo and Juliet.
4. Henry the Fourth, Part I.
6. King Lear.
7. The Tempest.