Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
A practical, straight-talking guide to
thriving in today's tumultuous workplace
According to author Linda Dominguez, today's turbulent work environment is rife with advancement opportunities for those who know how to seize them. In How to Shine at Work she describes 14 surefire strategies, as well as dozens of techniques and tips, for charting a course through today's work environment and coming out at the head of the pack.
Among other things, readers learn how to deal with ever-changing bosses; market themselves to their superiors and peers; master office politics; gain visibility--even in remote office; cope with difficult workers; and land a promotion and a raise in any economy. How to Shine at Work features:
- Case studies and real-world examples taken from AT&T, Oracle, Starbucks, Prudential, and other Dominguez clients
- Quotes and words of wisdom from executives and career coaches
- Valuable self-tests, worksheets, and
YOUR GUIDE TO PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS--AND
Today's workplace is a bonanza of advancement opportunities for those who know how to seize them--and a maze of career-ending pitfalls for those who don't. In this practical, straightforward guide, executive coach Linda Dominguez provides proven success strategies for anyone who holds a job--in any industry. Serving as a personal coach of your own, How to Shine at Work will help you define your goals--and achieve them. Learn how to
- Get along in your current work environment
- Create a plan for moving ahead in your career
- Navigate office politics
- Recognize options, manage change--and take smart risks
- Turn any situation around--and have fun doing it
- Create visibility without arrogance
- Know when it's time to move on--and make a graceful exit
. . . plus much more, including case studies and real world examples from the author's own clientele, along with invaluable self-tests, worksheets, and checklists to help you take control of your future--and your life.