“An excellent guide and knowledge base to anyone who wants to start up a guitar repair shop or small music store.”
Get on the inside track to a successful guitar repair, guitar building and/ or custom shop guitar business. Save yourself time, money, and frustration when starting up your own business with this helpful guide-book that offers key insider tips and a thorough overview of what to expect in the business, written by an industry veteran. Don't go into business without reading this book first! Includes 20 downloadable forms, lists, templates, and examples to use in your own guitar shop!
Included in the book:
- How to establish guitar shop rates and pricing
- How to market yourself & advertise effectively
- How to set up your guitar business for success
- Information on common business structures and accounting practises
- Industry-specific marketing tips
- Business start-up tips including common start-up costs
- Extensive shop rate examples (blue book pricing)
- Tools, equipment and supply lists
- Business and accounting forms
- Work order templates
- Download instructions for how to build an Erlewine-style neck jig, and more!
From your friends at Learn-GuitarSetups.com
What to expect: Going into the guitar business is a big decision and one that requires ample research and industry-specific knowledge. You may want to build guitars, repair guitars, or just sell guitars (or all of the above), but there’s a lot more to consider than just that. The advice given in this book will lead you through the start-up concept of a guitar repair service shop while touching base on many key areas of opening and running a guitar-centred business. Get out your notepad, order up some guitar business cards, and get to work!
This book is a great compliment for those currently in, or planning to attend:
guitar tech school guitar tech classes guitar repair school guitar repair classes lutherie school school of lutherie guitar repair schools online guitar repair classes online
Books available from the author (paperback and digital edition):
How to Setup Your Guitar Like A Pro: An Easy Guide for Beginners
How to Build & Setup Guitar Kits like a Pro: An Easy Guide for Bolt-on Neck Guitars
How to Start and Run a Successful Guitar Repair Business: Practical Tips for the New Entrepreneur
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.13(d)|
About the Author