How to Survive Anything, Anywhere: A Handbook of Survival Skill for Every Scenario and Environment / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Get Out Alive!
How to Survive Anything, Anywhere is a complete handbook of the urban and wilderness survival skills practiced by elite U.S. and U.K. military units. Dr. Chris McNab has collected expertise from both sides of the Atlantic, and reveals the fundamentals of survival for every environment, from the subzero arctic to the scorching desertand for every scenario, from being lost in a trackless wilderness to being under attack in a city.
Each of more than 500 practical techniques is presented in easy-to-follow steps accompanied by 500 helpful illustrations that show you how to:
- Find your way in arctic, desert, jungle, or mountain terrain
- Identify edible plants
- Hunt, trap, and fish with jury-rigged tools
- Build fires and improvise cookware
- Locate underground water
- Construct shelters
- Perform first aid and use natural remedies for common diseases
- Stay safe in a car or on planes or trains, and know what to do in the event of an accident
- Keep your home safeselect security devices, construct a safe room, survive a house fire
- Defend yourselfknow when to fight and learn realistic unarmed combat techniques
- Survive terrorist attacksidentify suspect packages, spot potential suicide bombers, take cover from explosions and gunfire
And, above all, how to think like a true survivoreven when things are at their worst.
Dr. Chris McNab is the author of Endurance Techniques (SAS Training Manual), Elite Forces Survival Guides, Living Off the Land, Martial Arts for Special Forces, and Urban Survival.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Chris McNab is the author of Endurance Techniques (SAS Training Manual); Elite Forces Survival Guides; How to Pass the SAS Selection Course; Martial Arts for Special Forces; and Urban Survival.
Table of Contents
Section 1. Preparation
1. Survival Psychology
2. Survival Clothing
3. Survival Kit
4. Planning and Preparation
5. Personal Health and Fitness
Section 2. Fundamentals of Wilderness Survival
6. Finding Water
7. Food from Plants
8. Hunting and Trapping Animals
9. Survival Cooking and Food Preservation
10. Making Shelters
11. Making Fire
12. Tools, Ropes, and Knots
Section 3. Emergency Procedures
13. First Aid
14. Natural Disasters
15. Rescue Procedures
17. Reading the Weather
Section 4. Surviving in Hostile Environments
18. Polar Survival
19. Mountain Survival
20. Tropical Survival
21. Desert Survival
22. Survival at Sea
Section 5. Urban Survival
23. Self Defence
24. Transport Security
25. Transport Accidents
26. Home Security
27. Surviving Terrorism
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Amazing book! Probably the best $20 I have ever spent!
This book is great for anyone who is wanting to learn! Even if you already know a lot about surviving in the wilderness, this book can still teach you more. The research and information that was put into this book can help you in any situation. I got this for my husband as a Christmas present and he is pretty survival savy and so when he first looked at it he said; "oh this will be good for refreshing", after he read through it he was even impressed on the information that was in it. It's a great book to get for anyone wanting to learn how to survive anywhere.
i liked it