Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
How to Survive & Maybe Even Love Nursing School: A Guide for Students by Students / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Also by Kelli S. Dunham: How to Survive & Maybe Even Love Your Life as a Nurse
This light-hearted, fun, fresh, and easy-to-read guide for nursing students by nursing students is full of practical information to help them cope with –– and get the most out of –– nursing school. It will help keep students on track about the ups and downs they are likely to encounter and keeps them focused on why they chose nursing as a career.
Written with a fun, breezy approach, and with many cartoons and humor designed to help nursing students succeed and flourish in school, it includes tips, advice, resources, and stories from over 300 nursing students, new grads, and staff nurses. Topics include:
- Managing finances and financial aid
- Stress, and how to cope with it
- Study skills and resources
- Test taking
- Concerns of nontraditional students
- Handling clinicals
- Time and life management
- Inspirational "Profiles in Nursing"
- Strategies to deal with the increasingly competitive admission process, including alternative ways to get an RN degree
- Discusses the cause of the nursing shortage and the impact it will have on students' career choices and workplace environments
- Updated coverage of the NCLEX -- preparing for and taking the exam
- How to compare job offers, evaluate sign-on bonuses, and make wise decisions from among the plethora of options available after graduation
- Expanded appendix offers guidance about using computers in nursing education, including the more sophisticated technology now available to nursing students, including electronic databases, wireless web access, and personal digital assistants (PDAs)
- Includes tips, advice, resources, and stories from over 300 nursing students, new grads, and staff nurses
- Inspirational “Profiles in Nursing”
- Written with a fun, breezy approach, with many cartoons and humor designed to help nursing students succeed and flourish in school: Managing finances and financial aid ... Stress and how to cope with it ... Study skills and resources ... Test taking ... Concerns of nontraditional students ... Handling clinicals ... Time and life management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Kelli S. Dunham, RN, BSN, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents1. Yes, You Can Avoid: Confusion, Acute, Related to Multiple Choices
2. Yes, You Can Avoid: Powerlessness Related to Excessive Stress
3. Yes, You Can Avoid: Role Confusion Related to Juggling Multiple Tasks
4. Yes, You Can Avoid: Impaired Memory Related to Information Overload
5. Yes, You Can Avoid: Anxiety Related to a Life Built Around Multiple-Choice Tests
6. Yes, You Can Avoid: Fatigue Related to Being Perceived as "Different"
7. Yes, You Can Avoid: Fear Related to the Start of Clinical Rotations
8. Yes, You Can Avoid: Anxiety, Severe, Related to the Upcoming NCLEX
9. Yes, You Can Avoid: Confusion, Chronic, Related to Changing Issues and Trends in Nursing
10. Yes, You Can Avoid: Sleep Pattern Disturbance Related to Occupational Worries
Appendix A: Computers as a Helping Hand Through Nursing School
Appendix B: Humor for Healing