Packed with useful information and illustrative examples - mostly drawn from successful books by famous authors - this book covers everything from:-
- Getting ideas for stories
- Developing raw ideas into a full-blown storyline
- Doing research (when it's necessary) and avoiding it when it isn't
- Writing exciting action sequences that hold the reader in your grip
- Making your dialogue crackle
- Creating realistic and interesting characters
- Describing things in a way that is both evocative to the mind's eye and pleasing to read
- Choosing the right voice and point of view
- Pacing your story
- Grabbing the reader's attention from the get-go without going over the top
- Ending the book in a way that leaves the read both satisfied and wanting to read your next book
- Maintaining self-discipline throughout the writing process
- Publishing your book for the Kindle, CreateSpace and other platforms
- Steering clear of the pitfalls of self-publishing and the scourge of vanity publishing
- Promoting your book.
This is no lightweight, quick-fix, paint-by-the-numbers "How to" guide. This is a full-length, detailed book that will really set your creative juices flowing and give you the techniques to develop your raw ideas into a finished, saleable book. Armed with the knowledge in this book, you will be able to write a novel that flows like a river and connects like a quick-fisted prizefighter.
And remember: connecting with the reader is what it is all about.
This book uses real-world examples - drawn from bestselling books by some of the world's most successful authors - to show you how to write a book that holds your readers' attention and captivate their interest from the opening line to the closing sentence. You will learn how to develop your story, to set about telling it, the dos and don't of publishing it and how to sell the finished item once you have launched it into the market - including somr things that might be worth doing before that!
The author of this book is a seasoned, veteran thriller writer and journalist who has had four thrillers published by Hodder Headline, three by HarperCollins and a non-fiction book about an infamous London murder case in which an innocent man had life destroyed by overzealous cops who were in the thrall of a convincing but misguided criminal profiler. The book - which was a flop at the time, because the accused man was such a pariah with the media - was later vindicated when new DNA technology enabled another police team to nailthe REAL killer, who had gone on to kill again, while the innocent man had been in jail awaiting trial!
If you are looking to make serious money from writing books for the Kindle and CreateSpace, then you've come to the right place. This is the book for you.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.51(d)|
About the Author
David Kessler, coauthor, with Elisabeth KÜbler-Ross, of Life Lessons and On Grief and Grieving, has helped thousands face death with peace, dignity, and courage, including the late Anthony Perkins and Michael Landon. His services have been used by Elizabeth Taylor, Carrie Fisher, and Marianne Williamson when their loved ones faced death. He lives in Los Angeles.