ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach broke ground with its thorough coverage of molecular physiology seamlessly integrated into a traditional homeostasis-based systems approach. The newly revised Sixth Edition introduces a major reorganization of the early chapters to provide the best foundation for the course and new art features that streamline review and essential topics so that you can access them more easily on an as-needed basis.
Recognized as an extraordinary educator and active learning enthusiast, Dr. Silverthorn incorporates time-tested classroom techniques throughout the text and presents thorough, up-to-date coverage of new scientific discoveries, biotechnology techniques, and treatments of disorders.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
I. BASIC CELL PROCESSES: INTEGRATION AND COORDINATION
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. Molecular Interactions
3. Compartmentation: Cells and Tissues
4. Energy and Cellular Metabolism
5. Membrane Dynamics
6. Communication, Integration, and Homeostasis
II. HOMEOSTASIS AND CONTROL
7. Introduction to the Endocrine System
8. Neurons: Cellular and Network Properties
9. The Central Nervous System
10. Sensory Physiology
11. Efferent Division: Autonomic and Somatic Motor Control
13. Integrative Physiology I: Control of Body Movement
III. INTEGRATION OF FUNCTION
14. Cardiovascular Physiology
15. Blood Flow and the Control of Blood Pressure
17. Mechanics of Breathing
18. Gas Exchange and Transport
19. The Kidneys
20. Integrative Physiology II: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
IV. METABOLISM, GROWTH, AND AGING
22. Metabolism and Energy Balance
23. Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism
24. The Immune System
25. Integrative Physiology III: Exercise
26. Reproduction and Development