Human Resource Development / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- SAGE Publications
David Mc Guire's student-friendly introduction looks at Human Resource Development on an individual, organisational and societal level analysing how HRD can play a major role in organisational innovation, in developing communities and society and in operating on a cross-national and international basis.
- Links key training design and learning theories to broader economic and societal issues for a more holistic and in-depth understanding of the field.
- Seven brand new chapters ensure a good fit with HRD programmes at all levels and reflect the latest developments in the field, including career development, strategic HRD, knowledge management, the environment, ethics and CSR and the future of HRD.
- High profile case studies in each chapter bring the theory to life including Apple, Massive Open Online Courses, Barclays, Stephen Lawrence, Lloyds Pharmacy, Marriott Hotels, Netflix, Black and Decker, Google, Colgate-Palmolive, Marks and Spencer and Valve.
- Case vignettes throughout the chapters highlight HRD in action and provoke critical analysis and discussion, including How a Beer Can Aided the Design of Canon’s Revolutionary Mini-Copier and The Alaskan Village Set to Disappear Under Water in a Decade.
- An Appendix contains advice on preparing for an HRD examination as well as example exam questions and sample answers, to ensure examination success.
- Chapters map to the CIPD’s requirements at levels 5 and 7 making it an ideal core text for accredited and non-accredited programmes alike.
|Edition description:||Second Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
David Mc Guire is senior lecturer in human resource development at Edinburgh Napier University.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Foundations of Human Resource DevelopmentPart 1: HRD at the Individual LevelChapter 2: Adult Learning TheoriesChapter 3: Creativity and HRDChapter 4: Career DevelopmentChapter 5: Identity and DiversityPart 2: HRD at the Organisational LevelChapter 6: Training and DevelopmentChapter 7: Evaluating Training OutcomesChapter 8: Performance Management and HRDChapter 9: Strategic HRDChapter 10: Organisational Learning and the Learning OrganisationChapter 11: Knowledge ManagementChapter 12: Leadership DevelopmentPart 3: HRD at the Societal LevelChapter 13: International HRDChapter 14: HRD and the EnvironmentChapter 15: HRD at the Community and Societal Level