• From the creator of YUYU HAKUSHO, also available from VIZ Media.
• An ongoing manga series in Japan-24 volumes released to date, with over 42.5 million copies sold in Japan.
• Serialized in Japan’s Weekly Shonen Jump.
• Previewed and promoted in VIZ Media’s Shonen Jump Magazine.
• Anime TV shows, trading card game, video games, CDs, a movie, and a novel produced in Japan.
• Highly anticipated fan favorite.
• Released Bi-monthly (every other month).
Hunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters.
The chimera ant king is born, bursting from the stomach of the queen and killing her in the processa violent birth for a violent being. He makes his first move on the neighboring country by manipulating its dictator to summon all the citizens to a ceremony at the capital. There he plans to Nen-baptize them, which will kill 99 percent of the population. The remaining one percent will have their Nen awakened, thus providing a healthy snack for the new king that not only tastes good but greatly increases his power. Can Gon and Killua find a way to stop this cruel king?
About the Author
Yoshihiro Togashi's manga career began in 1986 at the age of 20, when he won the coveted Osamu Tezuka Award for new manga artists. He debuted in the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1989 with the romantic comedy Tende Shôwaru Cupid. From 1990 to 1994 he wrote and drew the hit manga YuYu Hakusho, which was followed by the dark comedy science-fiction series Level E and the adventure series Hunter x Hunter. In 1999 he married the manga artist Naoko Takeuchi.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews