|Publisher:||Boston Mills Press|
|Edition description:||Second Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Christine Marks has a law degree from the University of Toronto and has driven and explored every location this book covers.
Read an Excerpt
How to Save $$$ and Get the Most from this Book Using the Highway Exit Guide Listings will indicate the services you should find close to the exit on the indicated side of the highway.
Locations Marked by Logos Logos are like welcome mats set out by the managers of locations that are particularly interested in serving our readers. A logo shows exactly where you will find this service. Several offer special savings: look for coupons on the same page! Please contact us with any comments or complaints you may have about these locations.Money-Saving Coupons!
Money-saving and time-saving coupons are found on both the Canadian and American Exitguide pages.
Most of the savings are for accommodations but there are also coupons for food, drink, and merchandise. Free information packages from Tourism Associations can be obtained by calling the numbers listed in the bar at the top of the page or you can mail in the information coupons.
Most coupons do not have them, but you need to look for expiration dates.
And please note, most of the participating proprietors suggest you simply present this book to the front desk cashier who will likely clip the coupons for you. If clipping is not required to obtain your discount, you'll be free to use the coupons over and over again or you can pass them along when you lend your book to friends and family members who travel.Tips for Drivers
- Read the Book Before You Go This book is a highway of information... so you'll know the highway like the back of your hand! You'll discover that many cities that aren't typical stop-overs are well worth a side-trip.
- Flip the Pages as You Drive Along Most of the U.S. map pages are 20 miles. Most of the Canadian map pages are 20 km. Just count the pages and multiply by 20 to figure out how far you have yet to go.
- This is Not a Coffee-Table Book The pages are meant to be easy to tear out! Write notes, do the crossword puzzle (Tennessee), let the kids color the photos!
- Tell Us About Your Experiences Our database of services is being constantly updated because some businesses we show on the map may have unfortunately gone and other have been established since this edition of the book was printed. Please let us know what's new! And do not hesitate to write to us about your experiences on Highway 401 and the Interstate I-75.
Table of Contents
How to Save $$$ and Get the Most from this Book Before You Go
Welcome to Ontario
- Highway 401 from Toronto to Windsor
- Huron Church St. through Windsor to the Ambassador Bridge
Crossing the Border
Welcome to Michigan
- I-75 from Detroit to the Ohio Border
Welcome to Ohio
- I-75 through the State of Ohio
Welcome to Kentucky
- I-75 through the State of Kentucky
Welcome to Tennessee
- I-75 through the State of Tennessee
- Navigating the Knoxville By-Pass
Welcome to Georgia
- I-75 through the State of Georgia
- Navigating the Atlanta By-Pass
- Navigating the Macon By-Pass
Welcome to Florida
- I-75 from the Florida border to the Florida Turnpike
- From the Florida Turnpike to Orlando
- Back on the I-75 and down to Miami
Christine's Latest Trip Diary