Megan Goodacre is a knitting designer and the creative force behind the popular knitting website, TricksyKnitter.com. She has been knitting for over 30 years and is inspired by color theory, modern design, and beautiful yarn. Her knitting designs have been published in Interweave knit.wear, Twist Collective, Creative Knitting, and Knit Magazine.
Idiot's Guides: Knittingby Megan Goodacre
Knitting is one of the most popular crafts among people all ages, but if you've never picked up a set of needles before, it's hard to know where to begin. Geared toward the absolute beginner, Idiot's Guides: Knitting teaches the basics of knitting in a series of lessons using full-color, step-by-step photo-rich instructions that enable you to clearly see how each stitch, finger movement, and yarn movement is executed. Lessons are accompanied by practice projects, allowing you to try out your newly learned skill. As the lessons become more advanced, so do the projects, so you'll not only get instant gratification by knitting a project right away, you'll also become more proficient as you learn and have the motivation to keep going. In addition, the book includes over 20 fun and fresh projects along with galleries of stitch patterns for beginner and intermediate-level knitters. This completely illustrated guide is an essential tool for every new knitter. Features include:
- Tailored to the absolute beginner who has never picked up a pair of needles before, with clear, easy-to-understand illustrated instructions.
- Clear, comprehensive, color step-by-step instructions for all of the basic techniques of knitting — casting on, binding off, knit and purl stitches, and so much more.
- Stitch galleries with nearly two dozen patterns for decorative stitches such as cable, seed, and lace.
- Practice projects throughout help the reader learn and practice techniques.
- Handy guides teach how to decipher a chart, read a pattern, increase and decrease rows, buy the right yarn for your project, and more.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.60(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I am new to knitting, and found this book to be really helpful! The basics are well explained, and following the pictures really helped to understand the movements of casting on, knitting, purling, and binding off. I liked how there was a project for each new technique I learned, so that I could compare how I was doing to what it was supposed to look like (like when I cook a new recipe!) The book also teaches you how to read a chart - super helpful for when you want to find new patterns online. I would definitely recommend this to new knitters!
The photos in this book are fantastic. I thought all these Idiots books were b/w but this one is color on every page. So much easier to read.
Wow! So much better than the last edition.