- Want it by Wednesday, October 17? Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
The advice and exercises in If You Can Doodle, You Can Paint helps you dig into your creative life to find a style that is authentically yours.-If You Can Doodle, You Can Paint was named one of Library Journal’s Best Crafts & DIY Books of 2017! If You Can Doodle, Your Can Paint looks at the small, impromtu doodles we make on a daily basis as resources; treasures from which we can create full-sized paintings. Even if you don't consider yourself a doodler, the exercises and techniques in this book will give you a fun way to tap into your personal style.
The invitation starts with a pencil as you work through doodle assignments. Eventually, you will learn how to size up and combine these doodles into larger compositions. Then, you will begin mixing it up with watercolor paints and, finally, with acrylic paints.
In If You Can Doodle, You Can Paint we will:
- Dig for treasure/doodle
- Observe, arrange, and study
- Make folded books for doodle-ready surfaces
- Copy your images with hand/eye coordination
- Scan and enlarge your doodles
- Add color combinations with colored pencil and acrylic paint
- Create compositional grid paintings, and
- Create a large complete painting!
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 9.80(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Diane Culhane is a professional artist and art educator who lives West Seattle in a 1910 home and works out of her studio in Ballard Building C. She received her BFA from the University of Utah and Master's Degree from Seattle University. Diane has taught for the Bellevue School District, Seattle Pacific University, Kirkland Arts Center, Bellevue Arts Museum, and currently directs and owns Kelsey Creek Fine Art School for children in the summer.