The incomparable iLife '05 is the must-have multimedia suite for everyone who owns a Mac--and the envy of everyone who doesn't. iLife '05: The Missing Manual is the definitive iLife '05 book--and what should have come with the suite.There's no better guide to your iLife experience than the #1 bestselling Macintosh author and expert--and Missing Manual series creator--David Pogue. Totally objective and utterly in-the-know, Pogue highlights the newest features, changes, and improvements of iLife '05, covers the capabilities and limitations of each program within the suite, and delivers countless goodies that you won't find anywhere else: undocumented tips, tricks, and secrets for getting the best performance out of every iLife application.Pogue examines all five programs in iLife '05, including:
- iTunes 4.7. The digital jukebox software for Mac (and Windows) rips songs from music CDs onto your hard drive, organizes and plays your music collection, lets you buy songs from the iTunes Music Store, and syncs all your music with your iPod.
- iPhoto 5. With iPhoto 5, you can pull photos from digital cameras and then organize and present them as a slideshow, desktop picture, screen saver, email attachment, web page, DVD, printout, or hardbound photo book.
- iMovie HD. Now you can easily import and edit video from the newest High Definition camcorders and even little flash media video cams in all the latest formats. You can turn those seemingly endless home movies into short, fun, tightly edited, top-quality highlight reels that friends and family actually beg to watch.
- iDVD 5. Transform your iMovie productions and digital slideshows into Hollywood-style DVDs that play on everyday DVD players.
- GarageBand 2. This critically acclaimed program turns a Mac into a digital music-recording studio.
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Series:||Missing Manual Series|
|Edition description:||2nd Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.19(h) x 1.50(d)|
About the Author
David Pogue, computer columnist for the New York Times and creator of the Missing Manual series, is the #1 bestselling Macintosh author. Period.