Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy / Edition 4by Kay W. Sieg, Sandra P. Adams, Sandra P. Adams
Pub. Date: 07/28/2002
Publisher: Megabooks, Incorporated
The Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy Manual bridges the gap between laboratory and classroom studies of gross anatomy and actual clinical applications by identifying palpation sites of muscles as well as boney landmarks on the body surface. Authored by Kay W. Sieg and Sandra P. Adams, former anatomy instructors at the University of Florida, this popular text has been useful to students of anatomy since 1977.
- Origin, insertion, action, innervation and palpation are detailed for each muscle.
- Each muscle is presented individually, showing its location on the skeleton and direction of its fibers.
- Muscle groups that perform major joint movements are identified and illustrated.
- Bones are illustrated and important landmarks are identified.
- Brachial plexus and lumbosacral plexus are clearly depicted.
- Peripheral nerves are diagrammed individually including both motor and cutaneous distributions.
- Muscle descriptions include simple, useful memory tips for the student or other interesting facts.
- This 156 page text gives complete coverage of skeletal muscles, including intrinsic muscles of the hand and foot, muscles of mastication and deglutition and extraocular muscles.
- Content is presented in a general cephalocaudal, superficial-to-deep sequence of presentation.
- Megabooks, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Fourth Edition, Spiral
- Product dimensions:
- 9.16(w) x 10.92(h) x 0.51(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews