Illustrated Textbook of Paediatrics: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
A concise, colourfully illustrated and highly informative textbook of paediatrics. Written primarily for medical students for their course in clinical paediatrics (6-10 weeks in duration in the UK and worldwide), the book has found a wider audience among nurses, trainee paediatricians preparing for the MRCPCH, and general practitioners preparing for the DCH. Throughout, there is an emphasis on the core fundamentals of paediatrics practice throughout the world, which has contributed to its success in Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
• Book with www.studentconsult.com website, with full text on line and self-assessment.
• Totally revised and updated text, especially on controversial topics such as child protection, immunisations, and obesity.
• Improved navigation with colour-coding, better headings hierarchy and chapter summaries.
• Essential information summary boxes to aid learning.
• Over 100 new line drawings and photographs - all in full colour.
• In the book:
• Summary boxes to help learning/revision
• Additional diagrams and photographs to assist learning
• Bringing book up to date and expanding topical items such as immunisations, obesity, child protection, ethics, medicines in children
• New chapters on Allergy and Adolescent Medicine
• Improved navigation by means of: Chapter summaries at the beginning of chapters using main headings and page numbers
• Colour-coding of chapters
• Differentiation of types of boxes by colour and numbering
• On www.studentconsult.com:
• Full text
• Self-assessment questions and answers using different formats: multiple choice questions; best of five and best of many; extended matching
• Selected additional background information e.g. relevant embryology, basic science
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 10.20(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The child in society
2. History and examination
3. Normal child development, hearing and vision
4. Developmental problems and the child with special needs
5. Care of the sick child
6. Paediatric emergencies
9. Perinatal medicine
10. Neonatal medicine
11. Growth and puberty
15. Allergy and immunity
16. Respiratory disorders
17. Cardiac disorders
18. Kidney and urinary tract
20. Liver disorders
21. Malignant disease
22. Haematological disorders
23. Emotions and behaviour
25. Endocrine and metabolic disorders
26. Bones, joints and rheumatic disorders
27. Neurological disorders
28. Adolescent medicine