Although Illustrator is one of the most popular drawing programs around, it isn't particularly intuitive, even for longtime graphic artists and computer users. Fortunately, with Illustrator 6 For Macs For Dummies, using this powerful application can soon become second nature.
In this complete, easy-to-understand reference, graphics and multimedia experts Adele Droblas Greenberg and Seth Greenberg cover all the essential Illustrator topics concisely, so that you can go straight to the information you need -- and get right back to the work at hand. Illustrator 6 for Macs For Dummies reveals the ins and outs of such Illustrator subjects as
- Creating and editing paths -- the lines and shapes that make up an Illustrator drawing
- Organizing a drawing into different layers for easy editing
- Taking advantage of built-in and third-party transformation capabilities to apply special effects to your creations
- Filling shapes with patterns and color gradients
- Working wonders with typography
- Outputting your drawings -- whether for the World Wide Web or for traditional printing